Manage Your Project Workspaces Effectively with Lifecycle Policies
In the ever-evolving landscape of digital collaboration, effective management of workspaces is crucial for maintaining order and optimizing productivity. Enter the realm of Lifecycle Policies with Multiple Stages, a solution designed to empower administrators with control over the lifespan of Teams and Sites within a workspace.
The flexibility provided by Lifecycle Policies is a key aspect that sets it apart. Not all types of Teams or Sites follow the same lifecycle. This adaptability allows organizations to tailor their lifecycle management approach to the specific needs of different teams and sites.
Imagine having the ability to seamlessly transition through various stages of a workspace’s lifecycle, from archiving Teams to locking Sites, and ultimately, auto-deleting them at a pre-defined date. This is the power that lifecycle policies bring to the table, revolutionizing the way we manage and streamline collaboration spaces.
Lifecycle Policies Key Features
- Two-step lifecycle: Introduce two stages to expiry of Teams. For example, you will be able to archive a Team and then delete it after 60 days.
- Multi-Stage Configuration: Create distinct stages and determine when they will run—whether it’s before, on the expiry date, or after—providing a nuanced approach to workspace evolution.
- Versatile Lifecycle Actions: The introduction of lifecycle actions adds a layer of flexibility to the process. From changing archive states and deleting workspaces to altering sensitivity labels and sharing permissions, the possibilities are extensive.
- Automated Notifications: Stay informed at every step with reminder emails before each stage and notifications when a lifecycle action is executed, ensuring administrators are always in the loop.
- Enhanced Customization: Tailor notification emails using additional tags, allowing personalized communication with owners, administrators, or other relevant stakeholders.
- Integration with other solutions: Enjoy seamless integration with other solutions your company may have such as automatic backups or archiving to an external platform in order to save storage.
- Get on top of existing sprawl: Gain valuable insights into what Teams are actively in use and which ones are dormant. This proactive approach enables organizations to declutter and optimize their digital collaboration spaces.
Use Case: Client Project Workspace Management
Consider organizations frequently undertaking client projects that involve cross-functional teams collaborating through various platforms such as Microsoft Teams, SharePoint Sites, and associated documents.
- Consulting Firms: Management consulting firms that work on client projects with specific start and end dates can use this feature to streamline the creation, archiving, and deletion of project workspaces.
- Software Companies: Companies involved in software development often work on client-specific projects. Managing the lifecycle of project workspaces becomes crucial, especially when dealing with intellectual property and client-sensitive information.
- Legal Services: Law firms handling various cases for clients can use this feature to manage the lifecycle of case-specific collaboration spaces, ensuring that information is retained for compliance while respecting data privacy.
- Manufacturing Companies: Companies engaged in custom manufacturing or engineering projects can use this feature to manage project workspaces, collaborating with clients and stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
- Healthcare Services: Healthcare Companies can manage project workspaces for specific engagements, ensuring compliance with healthcare data regulations.
- Financial Firms: These firms handling client portfolios or specific financial projects can use this feature to organize and manage project workspaces efficiently.
Implementation with the New Feature:
For each new client project, a dedicated Microsoft Teams workspace is created, along with corresponding SharePoint Sites for document collaboration.
Lifecycle Policy Definition:
A lifecycle policy is established for these project workspaces with multiple stages:
Stage 1 (Archive):
- Triggered when the project is marked as “Completed” in the organization’s project management system.
- Archives the Teams and SharePoint Sites to preserve project information.
- Sends a notification to project managers and team members about the archival process.
Stage 2 (Delete):
- Set to run 30 days after the archival stage to allow for any necessary retrieval of information.
- Deletes the archived workspace to free up resources.
- Sends a final notification to administrators and project stakeholders.
Custom Lifecycle Actions:
Leverage additional lifecycle actions for more granular control:
- Change Sensitivity Labels:
- Adjust document sensitivity labels based on project confidentiality requirements.
- Modify External Sharing:
- Restrict external sharing permissions once the project moves to the “Archived” stage.
- Customize notifications with additional tags:
- Include project-specific details like client name and project ID in notifications.
- Notify relevant client representatives during the archival and deletion stages.
Documentation and Descriptions:
- Add descriptions to form fields and columns to capture project-specific metadata.
- Display descriptions strategically, such as in help bubbles, to guide users in filling out necessary project information.
Modern List Integration:
- Automatically create modern lists for project-related data within SharePoint Sites during the provisioning process.
- Define list names and URLs based on project details for organized data storage.
Communication enhanced through customized notifications and documentation
This use case illustrates how the new feature can be applied to manage the lifecycle of client project workspaces effectively. By automating the archival and deletion processes and implementing custom actions, the organization ensures that project information is retained for a specified period and that sensitive data is appropriately handled.
Want to find out more?
Book a demo with our team to explore how ProvisionPoint can transform your workspace management and streamline collaboration for your organization. Our experts will guide you through the intricate features of Lifecycle Policies, showcasing their practical applications and answer any questions you may have.